Tuesday, November 15, 2011

BLESSING MIX

Last year I saw versions of blessing mix floating around the internet and thought it was such a cute idea, so this year I am giving it to my girls' teachers and a few other special people. Blessing mix is basically a snack mix in which each of the ingredients have a special meaning.  Below you will see the recipe I used.  Most mixes I found on the internet used Hershey kisses instead of chocolate chips, but the kisses just seemed a little big for the mix, so I changed them to chocolate chips.

I had a lot of fun making the little 3x3 card to include with the jar.  Inside the card you will find the poem describing the mix.  For the card, I started out by punching three ovals, one X-large and two large.  I them ran them through the Big Shot with two different embossing folders.  First, the Elegant Bouguet and then the Stripes.  I didn't plan on using two folders, but I wasn't happy with the look of the elegant bouguet, so I ran them through the stripes and loved the combo.  Next I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.  The stem is just cut out by hand and the small chocolate chip vine is a thin piece of card stock.  I added a button and the greeting from the Teenty Tiny Wishes.  The DSP is Spice Cake.  I attached the card to the ribbon(retired) with one of the new Mini Clothspins.

Now, I just need to buy the ingredients a couple days before Thanksgiving, mix it up and fill the jars.  Later,  I will post another picture of the jars filled with the mix.  For now, I am just happy to be a little ahead of the game!!





No comments:

Post a Comment