Sunday, January 22, 2012

VALENTINE HEART TREE

This weekend I had some fun playing along at Our Creative Corner.  Their challenge was to use the photo below to create a project and then explain which elements in the photo inspired us.  When I first looked at this photo, I saw a lot of white space, or in my case, Very Vanilla.  The photo has a lot of details, but they come across very subtly.  I wanted my card to represent this subtlety.  I used the tree stamp (it's a Christmas stamp) in a whimsical way and punched the hearts in mostly solid colored card stock to not add too much pattern to the card.  I added a few rhinestones to represent the crystals shown in the photo and a little delicate ribbon.  I used chocolate chip ink on my tree and sentiment to represent the small chocolates also seen in the photo.  I really do enjoy taking inspiration from the things around us, it forces me to look at things a little closer and appreciate their finer details.  Hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Denise, I think your interpretation is incredibly creative. I love your tree idea with the hearts and how you've layered your sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner... your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, this is just adorable! I have this set and have never used it...but looking at it for Valentine's Day really inspires me. Love the way you featured the colors and that bitty bow is adorable. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete